PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY.
It explains what data I collect, how I use your personal information and your legal rights relating to your personal information
Who am I?
I am Barbara Matheson from Exeter Quay Counselling, an independent trader operating from PAC Exeter, 3 Barnfield Crescent, Exeter, EX1 1QT and online. I am committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This notice applies to your use of my website and the services I offer.
Please note that any reference to Data Protection Law made in this document includes the Data Protection Act 1998 and all associated legislation. For the avoidance of doubt this also includes the General Data Protection Regulation (“Data Protection Law”).
I am required by law to treat your personal information legally and fairly. I must also give you the means to correct it if it is wrong, allow you to object to my processing it and, in some instances, delete it from my systems if you ask me to do so.
I AM YOUR DATA CONTROLLER
For the purposes of Data Protection Law, I am the Data Controller in relation to the processing of your personal data.
What information do I collect about you?
I collect and process data about you in different ways, depending on the service you are using. I collect data through the following services:
- Contacting me via my website
- Contacting me my dedicated email address
Please refer to the relevant section below.
Personal data you give me when you contact me:
- Email address
- Phone number
If you want to contact me you can do so using a form on my website. To allow me to contact you and keep you up to date with your request you must give me a valid email address.
You can also contact me directly by email at email@example.com
I will store your personal information securely and use it to follow up on any requests or to contact you for more information.
My legal basis for processing your information is that I have a legitimate interest to communicate effectively with my partners and customers to ensure that I meet my business objectives and project commitments.
How do I use the data I collect?
I use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- To help you with any queries you have about counselling
- To help you with any queries you have about supervision
- To answer enquiries and help connect you with other relevant services where appropriate
- To fulfil my legal obligations
Disclosure of your personal data
I will not sell your information or disclose it for direct marketing purposes.
Where I store your personal data
Personal data you provide to me is stored on computer equipment in the UK and on servers held within the UK.
How long I will keep your data for
The following shows what personal information I hold and how long it is held for.
- Contact Form Data – Retained for the period that I work with you, then deleted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of your personal data in transit; any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your personal data, I will use strict procedures and security features as outlined above to try to prevent unauthorised access to your personal data.
You have the following rights:
- You can seek to restrict my processing of your personal data or object to me processing your personal data at any time by contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to me at the address listed above.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you think that I have infringed your rights. You can find more information about reporting a matter to the ICO at the following link: https://ico.org.uk/
- You have the right to access personal data held by me about you. If you wish to view, correct or update any information I hold about you please get in touch by email to email@example.com writing to me at the address listed above.
- In certain circumstances you have the right to ask me to delete all the information I hold about you. If you wish to do so, please get in touch by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to me at the address listed above. Please note that I may be obliged to retain some information about you to allow us to fulfil my legal obligations.
Please be aware that I am legally obliged to verify your identity using reasonable means before you can exercise your rights.
My website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy notices and that I do not accept any responsibility or liability for these notices or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these notices before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Changes to privacy notice
Any changes I may make to my privacy notice in the future will be posted on my website and, where appropriate, notified to you when you next visit. The new terms may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept them to continue your use of my services.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed by email to email@example.com or in writing to the address above.